In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
March 11, 2016
1. Science is the Art of discovering new Technology. Technology is the use of increasingly accurate, self-evident, and reproducible information to replace energy and matter. Ninety percent of solving any problem is in properly defining it.
2. Always assume that your assumptions are false. Our perception of the world is a metaphor map and not reality itself. To understand those metaphors you need to identify them, and assume that they are false, so that reality can validate that they are true.
3. If something doesn't work, try doing it backwards. See Rule #2.
4. If something doesn’t work the first time, try doing it over and over because eventually you will get a different result, at which point you can then figure out what you did differently. See Rule #3.
5. The difference between Stupidity and Science (Rule #4) is that when you do it over and over expecting a different result, Science will notice when the result is different. Stupidity thinks that the result is the same.
6. Knowing what doesn’t work is as valuable as knowing what does work, because when you properly define the variables, you know where the limits are. See Rule #5.
7. The sum of the details is greater than the whole of the process, which is why you need to pay attention to the details, but still be able to see both the trees and the forest.
8. When Science is properly done it becomes an Art Form.
9. The goal of Science is not better technology, better people, or increased prosperity, but to better see the Face of God.
10. See Rule Number One.